Montessori Practical Life Materials - Scope and Sequence
- Order of activities (sequences, routine, hierarchy, a cycle or full rotation of an activity)
- Movement. All practical life activities involve great movements that are varied and attractive. The variety of movements help the child's self-awareness within the environment and increase the child's acquisition of intelligent movement.
- Sensorial exploration (sights, sounds, smells, and eventually language).
- Needs and tendencies are responded to, to help the children adapt so that they can actively participate and grown within their environment.
- A child's love of work. Practical life activities feed their natural desire to work and play an active role in their environment.
Practical Life Materials Lead To:
1. Construction and integration of the child’s personality through their freedom of choice, and through the variety of their choices. Freedom of choice is necessary for the healthy development of the will.
2. Spontaneous purposeful activity ... Read the entire article.