This month we have the absolute pleasure of giving away a digital copy of “Creative Yoga for Children“. It’s contains over 200 pages of mindful goodness!
It’s a wonderful resource of 40 (clearly laid-out) lesson plans for children ages 4-12 years. It compliments the Montessori classroom beautifully (developed and written by an experienced Montessori and yoga teacher), but can be implemented in any style of classroom with great success.
Why bring yoga into your classroom? Studies show that yoga improves students’ behavior, physical health, academic performance, and attitudes toward themselves.
Creative Yoga for Children is a perfect resource for schools seeking to incorporate yoga and mindfulness programs into their curriculum, or for parents to encourage body-mind awareness at home. Creative Yoga for Children promotes physical, emotional, and social development through stress reduction, movement, and free exploration.
What makes this book such a gem? There are so many reasons!
- It’s not limited to experienced Yoga teachers; anyone can use this book.
- The book is clearly laid out with class themes relevant to any system of education.
- It’s divided into three age groups: 4-6, 7-9, 10-12.
- It incorporates yoga and educational concepts; full body and mind experiences.
- Each class includes the following: educational elements, props, intention, warm-up, connect, activity, breath, book, meditation, and gratitude. There is also an indication of the length of time for each segment of the class.
- The book also includes: Book List, Arts & Crafts, Partner Pose Guide, photographic Poses (sea creatures, birds, mammals, amphibians & reptiles, insects, vegetables, minerals), Mudra Guide, Vinyasas (Warm-Up Flows), and Breathing Exercises.
To learn more about Creative Yoga for Children please visit their website.
We’re giving away 1 digital copy of Creative Yoga for Children.
Open World-Wide from Monday Nov 24 – Wednesday Dec 3, 2014
NOTE: We were provided a free copy of Creative Yoga for Children for this review, however all opinions are our own and were not influenced by this. This post contains links to purchase this book through various sources – these are not affiliate links (we do not receive any financial compensation for the sale of Creative Yoga for Children).