Free Australia Fun Fact Cards
A few weeks ago we had a great Giveaway for a wooden puzzle map of Australia and loads of printables for Australia/Oceania. One of the entries for the giveaway was to leave a comment on an interesting/fun fact about Australia. We’ve compiled all the facts and created a set of free Australia Fun Fact Cards for you! It will be a great free addition to all our other Continent printables that make Continent Boxes a snap.
The cards are available with either a brown border, or without any color border – you choose the one you want. Simply click the link to be directed to our page of free printable Montessori materials – scroll down the page until you see the cards.
Free Australia Fun Fact Cards – with or without color borders
Thanks to everyone for all the great facts about Australia!
It’s not a perfectly new wooden puzzle map of Australia and it did acquire a fair amount of dust after sitting in a supply cabinet for far too long. But, we’ve dusted it off and it’s in fantastic shape (like new) and ready to find a new home (poor quality colors on the map are due to the use of a phone camera). How would you like to win it?
Add our printable Australia/Oceania Bundle to the wooden map and you’ve got yourself a fantastic set of materials for your geography area. You can choose either the color-coded bundle (brown borders) or the bundle without borders.
The digital Bundle for Australia/Oceania includes:
- Australia/Oceania Geography Folder (20 images)
- Australia/Oceania Animals 3-Part Cards (18 images)
- Australia/Oceania Flags 3-Part Cards (25)
- Australia/Oceania Foods 3-Part Cards (18 images)
- Australia/Oceania Landmarks 3-Part Cards (18 images)
- Australia/Oceania Musical Instruments 3-Part Cards (23 images)
All the 3-part cards come with a labeled picture, a picture, and a label.
How would you like to be the winner of this wooden map and loads of printables for Australia/Oceania? The map will be shipped, the digital files sent through download links via email.
It can be yours…just use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter to win. Some entries can be repeated/completed every day – the more you enter the greater chance you have of winning.
It’s for Canada and Continental USA shipping addresses only.
So sorry to our International customers – but this map is heavy and
shipping anywhere besides Canada or USA is going to break our postal
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Types of Mountains and Mountain Nomenclature Cards and Book
It’s wonderful how Montessori encourages and incorporates nature throughout the entire environment. Whether in the form of a nature table, nature walks or the study of natural geography, the children are continually exposed to the wonder and joy of our beautiful planet.
Montessori Nomenclature is a fantastic tool that can be used to help children gain a greater understanding of the natural environment that surrounds them.
Mountain Nomenclature Cards & Book
The 6 parts of the mountain are: mountain, base, slope, ridge, face, and peak.
- 6 cards with labels
- 6 cards without labels
- 6 labels
- 1 black-line master
This Mountain Nomenclature Book can be used in book or card format. It illustrates and describes 6 parts of a mountain: mountain, base, slope, ridge, face, and peak.
- book cover
- 6 picture cards
- 6 description cards
Types of Mountains
These information and photographic cards will help children learn to classify 5 types of Mountains: Fault-block Mountains, Fold Mountains, Volcanic Mountains, Dome Mountains, and Plateau Mountains.
This work includes:
- 1 page outlining the Importance of Mountains
- definition Cards for each of the 5 types of mountains (3-part cards)
- diagram for each of the 5 types of mountains (3-part cards)
- 4 photographic examples of Fault-block Mountains (3-part cards)
- 4 photographic examples of Fold Mountains (3-part cards)
- 4 photographic examples of Volcanic Mountains (3-part cards)
- 4 photographic examples of Dome Mountains (3-part cards)
- 4 photographic examples of Plateau Mountains (3-part cards)
- Control Chart showing the correct classification of the photo cards
World Continent Pin Map Flags and Map – February Freebie
Happy February 1st to everyone! It’s been a very busy few days here at MPS. We’ve finally been able to get all the 8th Birthday Bash Gifts delivered to all the winners. It’s so much fun to read the response emails from the winners. Everyone is so appreciative of the gifts. We really do have awesome people around us!
The February Sale Items are now available. Save up to 15% on these items, and then add another 20% OFF if you use the coupon code available in this post – valid to and including Sun Feb 5, 2012. Now that’s a whole lot of savings! (Be sure you click ‘apply’ when you use the coupon at checkout – or the discount will not be applied).
There are also 12 New Releases now available. Here are a few:
Valentine’s Day Cutting StripsAnimals of the Continents BookletsUS State Capital Cities MapAnd last, but not least, we’ve put together a new free printable that we’re sure you’ll find helpful in your geography section, especially if you’re not fortunate enough to have the large wooden map of the world.
World Continents Pin Map Flags and Map – Free Download
- 2 color-coded sets of pin map flags for 7 continents
- 2 non color-coded sets of pin map flags for 7 continents
- 1 black and white map of the world with pin flag dots
- 1 black and white control map of the world with pin flag dots and labels
Read our step-by-step tutorial on how to prepare pin maps and flags.
A gentle reminder to please share the link to our Free Montessori Materials page with others instead of sharing the file itself. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Pin Maps and Pin Map Flags For Your Geography Area
Geography Pin Maps and Flags for your geography area do not have to be expensive. Yes, we all drool over the gorgeous wooden maps and ‘real’ pin map flags…but they’re incredibly expensive and aren’t even an option for most homeschoolers and many schools.
o we’ve come up with an economical solution. We’ve just added Pin Map Flags to our store
which compliment all the new continent maps we listed last month – how convenient for all of you!
With our quick printable Geography files combined with a few supplies, your children can have a fantastic set of geography pin maps and flags.
- printed map (blank or colored)
- pin map flags for the map you’ve printed
- glue stick
- toothpicks (heavy duty) or T-Pins
- clear contact paper or clear packing tape
- a piece of cork board slightly larger than 8½ x 11″ (to be placed under the map to hold the flags in place)
Let’s get started!
1. Print out your pin map flags. If you’re using the pin map flag files from our store, please note that there are two sets of flags in each file. One set has the names on the backs of the flags (the control set), and 1 set is without the names on the backs of the flags – you can choose the set you feel is best for your children.
2. Cut out each … Read the rest of this Article
Montessori Land & Water Forms
Montessori Land & Water Forms are used to increase a child’s knowledge of geographical land and water forms that exist in the world. This is first presented to a child by way of a sensorial experience – the child pouring water in to the Land and Water form trays.
The geography materials that are typically presented before Land and Water Forms are:
- sand paper globe (language: land and water)
- color globe (language: continent and ocean)
- puzzle map of the hemispheres (language: names of continents)
- puzzle map of the continent on which they live (language: names of the countries)
There are several other geography materials that can be presented around the same time as the land and water forms:
Land & Water Forms are used in the Montessori environment to increase a child’s knowledge of geographical land and water forms that exist in the world. This
is typically first presented to a child by way of a sensorial experience – the child pouring water in to the Land and Water form trays.
You have 3 options for Land and Water Forms … Read More
This Giveaway is now CLOSED.
Sandra M wrote: “I came back just to daydream again of winning it”
It’s not ‘in the package new’ – as it was opened and has been sitting on a storage shelf for about a year and a half. It might have a few small surface scratches, but it’s pretty much as good as new!
It was originally intended for a Montessori school, but it turned out to be a duplicate and wasn’t required.Now it’s destined for one of you!
This map has beautiful, thick wooden pieces with sturdy knobs. Unfortunately the sides of the pieces aren’t fully painted (as you can see in the photo below) – but it’s still functional all the same.
What are the rules of entry you ask? Not many rules on this one – it’s a simple giveaway to thank you (all our customers and readers) for your support over the past 7 years.
1. It’s for Canada or USA shipping addresses only.
So sorry to our International customers – but this map is heavy and shipping anywhere besides Canada or USA is going to break our postal budget.
2. You may gain 1 entry each day by simply leaving a comment below.
3. This Giveaway closes on Tuesday June 21, 2011 @ 12 Noon EDT. A winner will be chosen at random and contacted by email.
P.S – If your comment does not show up immediately, please have patience and do not repeat your comment over and over hoping for it to go through. We have been spammed half to death lately and so our comment filter is set very high. Every few hours (during the day) we will activate any ‘real’ comments that have been filtered out accidentally. Thank you!
Be sure to visit our Free Montessori Materials page for FREE Montessori materials, and come see/like us on Facebook.
Geography cards are a wonderful addition to a geography area. They can help give children a more rounded view of each country, the culture, and various symbols associated with them. The most common format for these geography cards is a 3-part card format. This format allows the children to get the most use of the materials over several years as they progress from a non-reader to a reader. The labeled cards or the controls cards allow the child the ability to check their own work and give them the power to teach themselves.
We have a large variety of printable geography materials available in our store. Most of them are available in 2 formats: with color coded borders (to match the traditional Montessori Map colors), and we also sell them no color border. We offer 2 formats so that you are able to choose the format that suits your needs and current maps. We understand that many Montessori suppliers offer maps in various color-coding and that it can be a challenge to find color-coded card materials to match your maps. We know you’ll be able to use and enjoy our Canadian Symbols Geography Cards with ease.
Animal Information Cards
We had so many requests for Animal Information Cards – we’ve finally completed them! They will be a beautiful addition to your culture/geography area. You can use them along with small plastic animal figures, or use the cards by themselves. There are cards for each of the 7 continents and can be found in our Geography and Science/Animals sections .
There are 11 animal cards and 1 title card for each of the 7 Continents – each Continent is sold separately: North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia-Oceania, and Antarctica
Each set Includes:
- 1 title card
- 11 picture/information cards include:
- animal name
- small continent map with continent colored
- type (i.e. mammal, reptile, bird, etc)
- diet (i.e. carnivore, herbivore, omnivore)
- size (i.e. 4 feet)
- weight (100 lbs)
- 1 interesting fact about the animal
All of the cards are also available without any map color-coding (you can color the map in to match your own map colors) – check them out in our Animals section.